frequently asked questions
Here are some of the questions we get asked most.
Yes, if you’re involved in:
- Community projects, including charities and faith-based initiatives.
- Social enterprises – e.g., training or employment initiatives, rural development projects, co-operatives.
- Sports clubs – e.g., facilities, amenities, equipment, resources, etc.
If success for your organisation is social change or social impact, you’re in the right place.
What we don’t do:
- Offer grants.
- Lend to private businesses or individuals.
- Lend to projects outside the Third Sector.
- The purchase, construction or renovation of buildings.
- Purchasing equipment.
- Bridging funding gaps.
- Restructuring existing debt.
- Cash shortfalls.
- Working capital.
- We provide long-term loans and short-term loans, as well as bridging finance.
- Loans may also be provided on both a secured and unsecured basis.
- Our loans range from €/£10k–600k.
- Your loan will be tailored to your needs – and we’re here to help you every step of the way.
- If you have a figure in mind, try our Loan Calculator. It’s a fast, handy way for you to see if the repayment amount is manageable.
- Remember, the Loan Calculator is for reference only and is not a loan offer. Before we agree a loan, you need to make a full application and our lending requirements must be met. For details, see ‘What makes a successful loan application?’ below.
- All our clients are ‘matched’ with a local client executive.
- This ensures you have constant access to a personal contact nearby – right throughout all stages of your loan requirements with us.
- All our profits are reinvested for the benefit of the sector.
- Working with clients, we normally agree a set monthly repayment amount over an agreed term.
- All our loans are flexible, and you can make lump sum repayments any time with no penalties.
- We also accept fundraising efforts as lump sums to help clear your loan sooner if the need arises.
- Generally, 15 years is the maximum period we lend for.
- While most loans are for a ten year term.
- We’ll work with you to establish what the best solution for your cash flow and your ambitions.
- A clear ‘why’ – what’s the compelling reason behind your project?
- An organisation with a clearly defined legal structure.
- A competent management team.
- A robust financial model.
These things are key to successfully securing a loan with us. Indeed, all our clients demonstrated them in their applications – and are thriving as a result.
- We keep it simple.
- Our lending rates range from 5.5% to 6.25% subject to terms and conditions.
- Complete our loan application form.
- It covers all the key information we need to assess your request.
- Once we’ve received your application, a local client executive will be in touch within 48 hours.